Information and resources for adults who are newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
Being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes can be an overwhelming time, regardless of age. JDRF has resources to help you and your loved ones learn more about how to manage T1D, better adjust to your new normal and provide you connections to support.
The JDRF No Limits Adult care kit is a free resource providing information and tools to educate, support and inspire newly diagnosed adults with T1D.
Resources in your JDRF Adult Care Kit include (but are not limited to):
- A diabetes supply bag.
- A copy of No Days Off by T1D Advocate Max Domi.
- Let’s Turn type one into Type None” resource folder which contains:
- An inspirational bookmark designed by Canadian artist and T1D mom Sandra Staple (www.canadiandragon.com).
- Information on JDRF programming with links to online resources.
- A link to the Begin with Hope introductory guide to type 1 diabetes (T1D). Learn T1D basics, what you should know about blood glucose and insulin, how to educate others about T1D, and where to find more information.
Please note the Adult care kit is only available for adults (age 18 and older) who reside in Canada. Live outside Canada?