Serving Waterloo Region, Huron, Bruce, Grey
& Wellington County
Contact: Robin McLean
PO Box 7 Cambridge PO
Cambridge Galt ON N1R 3B0
T: 519.496.7752 | [email protected]
Stay up to date on JDRF Waterloo events and news by joining our mailing list:
Table of Contents
- Fundraise Your Way – Third Party Events
- 2019 Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF
- 2019 Sun Life Ride to Defeat Diabetes for JDRF
- Community Engagement
- Volunteer Opportunities
Local Fundraise Your Way Events
Special thanks and sincere gratitude to:
The Waterloo, Wellington, Dufferin and Grey Building and Construction Trades Council has been breaking par for JDRF for close to 30 years. To date the annual golf tournament, which takes place in late August, has raised well over $400,000 and continues to do better each year. With record years for 2018 and 2019 raising over $51,000 these big-hearted construction workers and their partners put the Unity in union.
The Grant Family Golf Tournament, in its 15th year, raised over $38,000.00. Thank you Ken, Heather, Rebecca and Andrew. Your commitment to raising funds for a cure is inspiring to us all!
Thank you also to the Ontario Tire Dealers Association, Phi Kappa Alpha, Run Waterloo and Kitchener Ford who supported JDRF with great fundraising events in 2019.
Fundraise the way you want, when you want!
The Waterloo Chapter of JDRF is building its volunteer team, and has many opportunities available year round. Whether you’re a professional with a specific skill set to offer, a parent hoping to help families with a new diagnosis or a high-school student searching for meaningful opportunities, there is a role for you!
For all volunteer inquiries, please contact Robin McLean by email [email protected] or 519-496-7752.
JDRF Ambassadors share their personal story of living with type 1 diabetes (T1D). They inspire and thank families, individuals and businesses that are connected with JDRF.
- The Ambassador has a personal understanding of what it is like to live with diabetes. Someone who has a direct connection to the cause, and deals successfully with diabetes in their life.
- The Ambassador is someone who has a strong desire to share their personal story and the mission of JDRF.
- The Ambassador is someone who inspires others to participate in JDRF activities and projects a positive attitude.
- Ambassadors are children, teens and adults living with T1D, or parents, grandparents or other family members with a direct connection.
Minimum two (2) year commitment
Community Engagement Committee
The Outreach Committee helps to plan and execute local outreach events, including Research Nights, Guest Speaker Events, and Family Fun Days. These events are often the first point of contact with JDRF for newly-diagnosed families. This is a new committee, and members can expect 2-5 hours/month, as determined by the committee with the support of the Senior P2P and Community Engagement Coordinator.
Interested individuals are invited to contact Robin at 519.496.7752 or [email protected] to learn more.
Event Day Volunteers
These opportunities are perfect for those who want to contribute but can’t make a long-term commitment. Volunteers are needed for a variety of roles, from set-up to refreshments, registration and greeters.
Interested individuals are invited to apply online.