Serving Waterloo Region, Huron, Bruce, Grey
& Wellington County
Contact: Robin McLean
PO Box 7 Cambridge PO
Cambridge Galt ON N1R 3B0
T: 519.496.7752 | [email protected]
Stay up to date on JDRF Waterloo events and news by joining our mailing list:
Table of Contents
- 2020 Sun Life Walk to Cure Diabetes for JDRF
- 2020 Sun Life Ride to Defeat Diabetes for JDRF
- Fundraise Your Way – Third Party Events
- Community Engagement
- Volunteer Opportunities
Stay tuned for more information!
The Waterloo Chapter of JDRF is growing its volunteer team and has many opportunities available year-round. Whether you’re a professional with a specific skill set to offer, a parent hoping to help families with a new diagnosis or a high-school student searching for meaningful opportunities, there is a role for you! Current, open volunteer opportunities are listed below; however, we’d love to hear from you about how you would like to help. If you don’t see a role that suits your skills and interests, reach out to us!
For all volunteer inquiries, please complete our online volunteer application.
JDRF Ambassadors share their personal story of living with type 1 diabetes (T1D). They inspire and thank families, individuals and businesses that are connected with JDRF.
- The Ambassador has a personal understanding of what it is like to live with diabetes. Someone who has a direct connection to the cause and deals successfully with type 1 diabetes in their life.
- The Ambassador is someone who has a strong desire to share their personal story and the mission of JDRF.
- The Ambassador is someone who inspires others to participate in JDRF activities and projects a positive attitude.
- Ambassadors are children, teens and adults living with T1D, or parents, grandparents or other family members with a direct connection.
Minimum two (2) year commitment
Community Engagement Events Committee
The Community Engagement Events Committee helps to plan and execute local outreach events, including Research Nights, Guest Speaker Events, and Family Fun Days. These events are often the first point of contact with JDRF for newly diagnosed families. Committee members can expect 2-5 hours/month, as determined by the committee with the support of the Senior P2P and Community Engagement Coordinator.
Event Day Volunteers
These opportunities are perfect for those who want to contribute but can’t make a long-term commitment. Volunteers are needed for a variety of roles, from set-up to refreshments, registration and greeters.