We are in a unique period of scientific progress in type 1 diabetes (T1D), a renaissance where promising science is advancing at an unprecedented pace.
Bold scientific ideas need bold philanthropic investments to become reality. Our Leadership Giving team works with individuals, foundations, and corporations, to identify opportunities that would allow leadership giving donors to reach their charitable goals and accelerate our shared goal of creating a world without T1D.
Leadership donors make a profound impact towards JDRF’s holistic and integrated approach to T1D research. Join us to help JDRF:
- Invest in life-saving research through our commitment of $100 million over 5 years to advance our global mission to cure, prevent and treat T1D through our $100 Campaign to Accelerate.
- Accelerate critical T1D advances in the development of cures through two main areas: beta cell therapies and immune therapies.
- Support the next generation of researchers through a world-renowned training program.
- Support the JDRF Centres of Excellence, creating new research and funding models to further drive our progress.
- Bring clinical breakthroughs from lab to market through the innovative JDRF T1D Fund.
- Increase our Advocacy efforts to ensure that we can expedite the delivery of scientific advances into the hands of people who need them most, while also promoting equitable healthcare access and affordability.
- Fill gaps in care by creating a holistic framework for addressing mental health as it relates to diabetes in Canada.
Join a dynamic community
Your generosity will accelerate research that makes a profound difference for the close to 300,000 people in Canada living with T1D.
All Leadership donors who make a gift of $5,000 or minimum pledge of $10,000 over five years will be uniquely stewarded and recognized for their significant contribution.
You’ll get exclusive access to unique research updates and special events that provide a sneak peek into the latest breakthroughs in T1D research.
“When you start to get to the point where you’ve reached the limit of your reach, you have to join hands with other people. The bigger the chain, the further the reach. That’s how you build a business. It’s the same with research. This is why I have supported the JDRF Centre of Excellence at the University of British Columbia with a leadership gift, bringing together some of the most brilliant minds in type 1 diabetes research and creating an environment where they will work together collaboratively to find a cure.”
Mr. Joseph Segal, President, Kingswood Capital Corporation & JDRF Visionary Donor
Connect now with a member of our Leadership Giving team or contact Vice President Leadership Giving & Partnerships Nicole Robson at [email protected], to learn more about our major gifts program and explore how you can maximize your impact to change the lives of people with T1D and their loved ones.
Meet Your Leadership Giving Partners
Director, Leadership Giving