We are in a unique period of scientific progress in type 1 diabetes (T1D), a renaissance where promising science is advancing at an unprecedented pace.
However, bold scientific strategies need bold philanthropic investments to propel into reality. Our Leadership Giving team works with individuals, family and private foundations, as well as corporations, to identify major gift opportunities that would allow major gift donors to reach their charitable goals and accelerate our shared goal of creating a world without T1D.
Donors at this level help JDRF make a larger impact on strategic areas of emphasis. When you join us as with a leadership gift, you can help us:
- Invest in life-saving research through our commitment of $100 million over 5 years to advance scientific discovery through our Campaign to Accelerate.
- Accelerate critical T1D advances in the development of cures through two main areas: beta cell therapies and immune therapies.
- Launch the Centres of Excellence, creating new research and funding models to further drive our progress.
- Translate laboratory breakthroughs into commercialization through the innovative JDRF T1D Fund.
- Increase our Advocacy efforts to ensure that we can expedite the delivery of scientific advances into the hands of people who need them, while promoting healthcare access and affordability.
- Fill gaps in care by creating a holistic framework for addressing mental health as it relates to T1D in Canada
Join a dynamic community
Your generosity will accelerate research that makes a profound difference for the 300,000+ people in Canada living with T1D.
All Leadership donors who make a gift of $5,000 or greater will be welcomed into our One Society — a community of donors uniquely stewarded and recognized for their significant contribution.
You’ll get exclusive access to our Gratitude Series, a virtual research update event that takes place three times a year and gives you a sneak peek into the latest breakthroughs in T1D.
“When you start to get to the point where you’ve reached the limit of your reach, you have to join hands with other people. The bigger the chain, the further the reach. That’s how you build a business. It’s the same with research. This is why I have supported the JDRF Centre of Excellence at the University of British Columbia with a leadership gift, bringing together some of the most brilliant minds in type 1 diabetes research and creating an environment where they will work together collaboratively to find a cure.”
Mr. Joseph Segal, President, Kingswood Capital Coporation & JDRF Visionary Donor
Together, we will make T1D history. Connect now with a member of our Leadership Giving team or contact us at email@example.com, to learn more about our major gifts program and explore how you can maximize your impact to change the lives of people with T1D and their loved ones.
Meet Your Leadership Giving Partners
Kim Lacombe, Executive Director, Leadership Giving (Montreal)
514-744-5537 ext 225