For those who would like to make a more significant donation during their lifetime or who intend to leave a bequest to a charity.
A gift of securities is often of interest to individuals who have appreciated securities and would like to make a more significant donation during their lifetime or who intend to leave a bequest to a charity like JDRF Canada. Current tax rules make it very attractive to donate gifts of publicly traded securities to charities. Federal legislation now exempts appreciated securities from capital gains tax if they are donated directly to a charity. This includes gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
Gifts of securities are an appealing option for:
- Investors of any age who have appreciated securities and wish to make a gift to JDRF Canada
- Donors who wish to simplify their affairs by divesting themselves of some of their holdings
- Donors who intend to make a bequest to JDRF Canada and are interested in advancing their legacy through a gift of securities
- Estates which are liquidating assets, as a gift of securities has more advantageous tax implications than a gift of cash
- A gift of securities will allow you to amplify the impact of your gift.
- Completely eliminate your capital gains tax.
- Receive a charitable tax receipt for the full market value of your donated securities.
- Get tax benefits for your estate for gifts of securities in your Will.
To learn more, please contact:
Chief Financial Officer
Charitable Number: 111897 6604 RR0001