Join Beyond Insulin™, a unique giving program, and help JDRF find new treatments that will slow, prevent and one day cure type 1 diabetes (T1D). Until December 31, your gift will be matched by the Louie Family up to $10,000.
Commit. Invest. And help direct the future of T1D research.
Beyond Insulin members commit to an annual donation up to $500 or more. JDRF’s research commitments are typically 3-5 years long. Reliable and consistent donor funding allows us to commit to new research grants and know that we can continue to fund their work beyond the first year.
Annual gifts are an investment in JDRF – the global leader in T1D research, and an investment in the most promising pathways to a cure. An annual investment accelerates the pace of T1D research by:
- Allowing JDRF to respond to new research projects quickly as they arise
- Providing long-term sustainability for the organization
- Demonstrating funding progress to the T1D community and inspiring others to join.
Beyond Insulin is the only giving program offering donors the opportunity to direct their collective funds to a pre-approved research project, through an annual Beyond Insulin Vote for Research. Beyond Insulin members have a direct tangible impact on the future of T1D research.
Now more than ever, your support is needed to protect and accelerate progress towards a cure.Join Beyond Insulin
Benefits of membership
- Quarterly Beyond Insulin digital update
All the benefits of Allies, and:
- An annual opportunity to vote to designate funds to a JDRF research project that urgently needs support – this is your chance to accelerate the research you believe in most and hear an update on the impact*
- Virtual research Q&A with JDRF Canada’s Chief Scientific Officer
All the benefits of Builders, and:
- Live virtual event with the Beyond Insulin researcher of choice
- Annual research update for the Beyond Insulin project and other key projects funded by JDRF
All of the benefits of Accelerators, and:
- Virtual Town Hall with key JDRF staff and other Catalyst Members
* 1. Donors who make a minimum commitment of $1000 – $4999 per year will be offered the opportunity to vote, and direct the Beyond Insulin members’ collective eligible funds towards an approved research project set to begin or already in progress. JDRF will bring forward approved research projects that urgently need support to the Beyond Insulin members for consideration. The number and timing of research projects eligible for voting will be determined by priorities for that year. Members who make their pledged donation by December 31st will be offered a voting opportunity in the following calendar year.
2. A 20% allocation from gifts to Beyond Insulin will be designated to cover costs such as managing the research projects, staff fundraising time, marketing materials, reporting and recognition of the program.
“A cure in my childs’ lifetime is the goal. We know this may not happen but we are committed to supporting this goal in any way we can. We truly feel that JDRF is our most important partner in driving medical advancements and one day a cure for T1D.. They have wrapped their arms around our family and said, ‘this is going to be crappy and really hard at times, but we are here with you and for you.’ And for that we are so very grateful.”
–Michael Arnold, Beyond Insulin Catalyst Member