Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to inform JDRF if I am leaving them a gift in my will?

A. No. You do not need to inform JDRF, however if you would like to let us know, please contact Nancy Roper at Letting us know gives us the opportunity to plan our financial budget for future type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.

Q. What name should I include in my will to ensure my donation will go to JDRF?

A. Although the organization's official name is JDRF, on legal documents we must be referred to as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Canada. Please use the name Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Canada when including us in your will.

Q. What is JDRF Canada’s Charitable Business Number?

A. JDRF Canada’s Charitable Business Number is:  11897 6604 RR0001

Q. How can I be sure that JDRF will direct my donation to the area of research I want?

A. JDRF will direct your donation to the area of research which is most in need of funding. To speak to someone about directing your gift to a specific area, please contact Nancy Roper at

Q. How does JDRF recognize those who leave planned gifts?

A. JDRF will recognize and thank those who have left planned gifts in the annual report.

Q.  Can I receive a charitable tax receipt prior to JDRF receiving my gift?

A. No. JDRF must receive the charitable gift prior to issuing a charitable tax receipt.

To request further information please fill out this form and we will be happy to provide you with any further information you require.

Lets turn type one into type none