My T1D Resolution
It’s that time of year where we make lofty promises to stop a nasty habit, lose a few extra pounds we have been carrying around, or finish a project around the house that has been on our to-do list for far too long.
For a person living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) there are definitely a lot of areas to choose from when looking to make small positive changes in your daily life.
- Test your blood glucose level before every meal, and correct accordingly.
- Visit your doctor or endocrinologist at least two times this year.
- Take a class to refresh your carbohydrate counting tips.
- If on an insulin pump, conduct some basal testing to fine-tune your pump.
- Sign up for a recreation class to help you deal with the daily stresses of living with T1D
- Promise not to beat yourself up over the challenges that arise.
- Make a commitment to lowering your A1C with diabetes management techniques
If you didn’t have the best diabetes management plan in place in 2013, the new year provides you with a fresh opportunity. This year pick one, two or even multiple resolutions, and make a promise to yourself to make a small positive change in your life. What New Year’s resolutions do you have for 2014? Share in the comments section below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy New Year to everyone on behalf of JDRF!