Lorne Shiff takes on JDRF International's Ride to Cure Diabetes Again!
Lorne Shiff has been a member of the JDRF family his entire life; his parents, Helaine and Allan Shiff, helped establish JDRF Canada back in 1974 shortly after Lorne was diagnosed with T1D. He is a valued member of the JDRF Board of Directors, a proud father, and a true T1D champion. This year, he is gearing up once again to take part in JDRF International’s Ride to Cure Diabetes.
The JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes is a charity ride that can be as competitive as you make it. You choose the mileage and pace that are comfortable for you. Cyclists of all skill levels come together to raise funds for JDRF—the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research—and to take part in a weekend-long celebration that leads up to the one-day Ride.
As a rider, you’ll commit to a fundraising minimum based on your Ride destination. In exchange, JDRF will provide you with a fully supported Ride weekend. All funds raised in Canada, stay in Canada.
Fundraising minimum packages include:
- Gold Package: Raise $5,000 and your flight, bike shipment, jersey and lodging will be covered by JDRF
- Silver Package: Raise $3,500 and your jersey and lodging will be covered by JDRF! You will be responsible for flight and bike shipment at this fundraising level.
Mark your calendars! The 2015 Ride Locations are:
- Burlington, VT: July 23-26
- La Cross, WI: August 13-16
- Lake Tahoe, CA: September 11-14
- Death Valley, CA: October 15-18 SOLD OUT
- Greenville, SC: October 22–25
- Nashville, TN: October 29–November 1
- Tucson, AZ: November 19-22
To register contact Amy Ryan or 1.877.287.3533