Raising funds for the JDRF Ride for Diabetes Research can be fun and rewarding. Different incentive prizes are offered when you reach advanced levels in your fundraising process. Although we suggest a minimum of $125 should be raised by each rider, you can set your fundraising goal as high as you like!
Here are some tips on how you can successfully reach and exceed your fundraising goal:
- Donate the first $50 to set an example for others to follow.
- Indicate if there in someone on your team, or a colleague or family member living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), who your team is honouring.
- Many companies will match the funds their employees raised for charity. Inquire to see if your organization has a program in place or if they would be willing to start one.
- Share links to your fundraising page on your different social media pages. Links on Twitter and Facebook make it easy for your friends to read about your fundraiser and contribute to your goal.
- Email your colleagues, friends and family explaining your fundraiser and why raising money for diabetes research is important to you. Information can be found at jdrf.ca. Be sure to include a link to your fundraising page!
- Create flyers and posters to put up around the office letting your co-workers know what you are doing and how they can support you.
- Work Newsletter – Contact those in charge of sending out your company’s newsletter and ask if they could include information about your participation in the JDRF Ride and a link to your fundraising page.
- Set a team goal and then challenge other teams and companies to see who can raise the most pledges during their Ride time.
The JDRF Ride for Diabetes Research is just around the corner, so put these fundraising tips into action and see how much money you can raise for T1D research.