Kids For a Cure
Held every two years, Kids For a Cure is JDRF Canada’s most important advocacy event. Our youth advocates from across Canada help politicians understand the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) and the importance of accelerating progress towards a cure.
JDRF knows how important it is to ensure the voices of our T1D community are heard at the government decision-making table. This is why every other year, we bring together our incredible youth delegates from across the country to share their personal stories of what it is like to live with T1D.
Their stories allow government officials better understand the daily challenges of this relentless disease, while emphasizing the importance of accelerating progress towards a cure.
Kids For a Cure 2022
Be part of Team JDRF. Help us get loud about type 1 diabetes.
We’re reaching out to children and youth from across Canada to join Team JDRF this November at events (both in-person in Ottawa, and virtually) for our Kids for a Cure Lobby Day, held every two years. As a 2022 delegate, you will advocate on several policy issues important to the type 1 diabetes (T1D) community. If you’re between the ages of 6-18, live with T1D and have a story to tell, we need you.
This year, this hybrid event will recommend investments into research to address better access to mental health support for those living with T1D, and changes to the Disability Tax Credit to make it more accessible to those who need insulin.
By sharing your personal stories about what it’s like to live with T1D, you help Canada’s decision-makers better understand the daily challenges of the disease, while also underscoring the importance of accelerating towards a cure, while improving lives today.
As a Kids for a Cure delegate, this once in a lifetime opportunity will allow you to:
- Meet with MPs and Senators to tell your story and advocate for important issues affecting the T1D community
- Participate in an exciting and robust training program that will help develop your communication, public speaking, and relationship-building skills
- Meet other delegates from across Canada who also live with T1D
- Receive an exclusive JDRF Kids for a Cure swag bag
Event Date: November 13 to November 15, 2022
Location: Ottawa and/or Virtual
Eligibility: Aged 6-18
Application Deadline: Friday July 15, 2022, by MIDNIGHT EDT.
- Complete the application on the page following.
- Record and upload a one-minute video telling us why we need you on Team JDRF (Instructions to follow).