Kids for a Cure Lobby Day 2020
Kids for a Cure Lobby Day 2020 – Home Edition
***OUR DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO AUGUST 17TH. APPLY TODAY!***
Do you live with type 1 diabetes? Do you have a story to tell? Then we want you to join Team JDRF at our virtual Kids for a Cure Lobby Day - Home Edition
We are in search of children and youth from across Canada to join JDRF in lobbying the Government of Canada this November from your own home. If you are between the ages of 4-18, live with type 1 diabetes (T1D) and have a story to tell, we need you!
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, this year’s Kids for a Cure Lobby Day will be an all virtual event with delegates connecting remotely with our political leaders. Depending on how the situation evolves, there could be the potential to meet MPs face-to-face in your own community riding. Shifting to a virtual event will allow us to increase the number of spots we have available, giving more of our advocates the opportunity to participate in Kids for a Cure.
Type 1 diabetes is a relentless disease. It never lets up - even amid a pandemic - and neither will we. Your stories help Canada’s decision-makers to understand the daily challenges you face living with diabetes, to bring home the importance of accelerating progress towards a cure, developing new treatment options and improving access to new diabetes drugs and devices.
As a Kids for a Cure Lobby Day delegate, you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with various MPs and Senators to tell your story and advocate for important issues affecting the T1D community
- Participate in an exciting and robust training program that will help you with your communication, public speaking, and relationship-building skills
- Meet other delegates living with type 1 from across Canada
- Receive an exclusive JDRF Kids for a Cure Lobby Day swag bag
Event Date: Week of November 2, 2020* (Date subject to change)
Location: Virtual Event, with the possibility of in-person meetings with MPs in your local riding
Eligibility: Aged 4-18 on November 2nd
Selection Process: Selection Process: Applicants will be considered based on a number of criteria including but not limited to: presentation skills and the ability to tell your story in a clear, concise manner, involvement with JDRF, passion for advocacy, geographic location etc.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 17, 2020 by MIDNIGHT EDT.
- Complete the application on following page.
- Record and upload a one-minute video telling us why we need you on Team JDRF (Instructions to follow).