Thank you for submitting your application.
Now it's time to get started on your video.
As part of the Kids for a Cure 2018 application process, all applicants must submit a video telling us how T1D affects your daily life and why you should be on the team.
Here is what we need:
- The video should be approximately 60 seconds long and recorded on a device that allows you to share it via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
- Please film the video in an area with good lighting.
- Once you’ve recorded your video and are happy with the results, you’ll need to post it to one of the following:
- Post to your Instagram, assuming your account is not private, using the hashtag #T1DChampions and tag us @JDRF_Canada.
- Post to Facebook, tagging @JDRFCanada and using the hashtag #T1DChampions. Ensure your Facebook post is set to Public so we can see your video.
- Tweet using the hashtag #T1DChampions and tag @JDRF_Canada. Make sure your Tweets are not protected.
- Concerned about privacy? YouTube allows you to make your video unlisted so that only those with a link may view it. Email a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to include in the video:
- Your first name, age, city/town;
- The age you were diagnosed with T1D and how many years ago that was. (E.g. “I was diagnosed with T1D at age 4, which was 28 years ago”).
- Answer at least one of the following questions:
- Why is type 1 research needed?
- What does a cure mean to you?
- Why do we need you on Team JDRF?